Tuesday, July 11, 2006

again with the lousy photography

I should really get the dress engineer to photograph stuff for me. It's really hard to shoot a picture of one's own arm for instance. At any rate, here are the new sleeves (um, only sleeves) for my green-dress-of-continual-improvement. The sleeve is lying flat on the deck railing because of the aforementioned complete inability to take pictures of my own arm. However, aren't the hostas lovely?
 
The sleeves were done using Julie's basic sleeve pattern, which every time I discover is just a bit too small for me. It fits, but I'm not at all fond of snug sleeves. After I got it sewn together the first time, I decided that it would annoy me, so I took it apart and reinvented it as a sleeve with an opening down the front. So here's the front opening, and while it's maybe not what I would have originally envisioned, it's a lot more comfortable (and presumably cooler). Since I have only the tiniest scraps of green fabric left, this is going to have to do!

  Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I adore those sleeves. Tremendously. They are so gorgeous!!! I cannot wait to see the entire ensemble.

Julebug said...

Very nice, indeed, and I'm sorta fond of the front opening sleeves--seems italian influenced. Is that the ivory cord of cheeptrims fame? Love it!