Monday, August 07, 2006

more sparklies and the next plan

 
Check out these additional goodies from Auntie Tina! The two baubles above are about two and a half inches long. The kite-shaped filigree cage is most likely going to swing on the end of a silk girdle for my next outfit. I think that'll be very cool. The round pin is going to go on my giant hat as soon as I replace the rhinestones with pearls and whatnot, along with one of the perfectly enormous ostrich plumes that Auntie sent as well. I didn't get a good picture of those (the dog wouldn't hold still!) but they are at least two feet long and amazingly full. Truly Lady Kytson worthy feathers! I need to tinker with the hatband to get those on there and then I'll post a new picture of the hat.

 
This item I love as well. Again, I'll replace the rhinestones with something else, but this item is a good five inches across and SO ornate. I am thinking it is going to be some sort of center item on the Spanish court gown that I'm planning. That's going to be a little ways down the road, as I have two other outfits I'm working on first, but I thought this was so cool that I wanted to show it now. There were other really cool jewelry items in the package as well, but I believe I'll save those pictures for when I'm ready to use them!

There was quite a bit of costuming this weekend, but as I forgot to load the pictures off the camera, that post will have to wait a bit. To summarize, I'm just about down with a kirtle that is going to multi-task as a fitted kirtle to go under a loose gown and also as the underlayer for a velvet Tudor gown. I don't have the velvet for the Tudor gown yet, so the middle-class loose gown is up first. For Julie and Anita - it's of the washed-out red and yellow diamond print we bought in Maryland. I'll have pictures tomorrow.

P.S. Thank you again Auntie Tina! You can't imagine how much fun I've had playing with the jewels. There's a surprise for you underway. It's going to take a little while, but I think you'll like it! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julebug said...

Pretty, pretties! That filigree kite will be stunning on your girdle!

Anonymous said...

My Dear Beth,
You are more then welcome,
Love Aunt Tina