Thursday, March 15, 2007

the dog is SO over hats


New hat. Better than the old hat. Lighter at any rate, since I used buckram and wire instead of plastic canvas. This is a pleated-crown hat covered in grey wool leftover from the ropa. The crown really is pleated, although it's tough to tell that since I went ahead and used black silk thread to cover the pleats with a decorative herringbone stitch. The twisty thing around the brim is black velvet with a contrasting chain stitch. I'm into these "new" stitches. It's lined with black linen. I followed the general method for construction from the Tudor Tailor, but made up my own shape since I wanted a curvy brim.

The dog is, however, not particularly impressed. He thinks it could have at least shaded his eyes a bit better for the nap.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Hat!!! I love it.

Racaire said...

...what a cool dog...
...and what a nice hat...
:D

Laren said...

Beth,

Looks great. To go with the green dress?

Did you see my recent Elizabethan hats?

Cheers,
Jane