Monday, September 25, 2006

all that for this?

So something like 15 hours of work after the last picture, we have this:
 

Wow. Couching is slow. Ok, ok, I know it's fast relative to any other kind of embellishment, but jeepers. I think I bit off more than I should have. However, the gown is down to embellishment on the sleeves and addition of lining and hem. I think I'm going to skip the fancy-pants dagged border on the sleeves for now and put a "temporary" velvet strip at the bottom instead to save time. And sanity.

 

Here's the other thing I did yesterday when I could no longer stand the couching. It's going to be a late-ish French hood sans crescent. It's wired with electrical wiring rather than millinery stuff because it was late and the husband had that on hand. Seems appropriate anyway, considering that the sleeves have electrical cable ties in them. It's the all-Home-Depot-all-the-time outfit. I'll dig up a picture of what I'm shooting for next time. Basically, I tried on this outfit with every it of headwear I had and it all looked silly. Erm, sillier than usual. Cheers. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julebug said...

Oooh, I just love your surcoat more and more. Especially when you put up gratuitious sleeve shots. You know I am weak for them.

Hood is looking cool, I can't wait to see the outcome. And does that offer for a bit of your buckram still stand?

Beth said...

I know. The sleeves shot was just for you.

The hood is kinda cool. I feel like a gladiator when I put it on. And yes, the buckram offer stands. Boy, that stuff is great. I should have troubled to get some a long time ago.