Wednesday, September 06, 2006

shiny object over here

 

Er....it's possible that I haven't done any actual sewing for a week. I have, however, been shopping. These are approximately 7/8" (including the loop) costume jewelry bits that I'm thinking will be nice as ouches on either my Tudor gown or my late gable hood. I got them from this place. I haven't made up my mind about the settings as they look pretty plastic-y (go figure) to me. I was wondering about some sort of enamel instead. I might just have to check that out. I've got extra loops to glue on so I can sew these onto fabric.

Speaking of fabric, I have 9 yards of the velvet shown above on its way to me from Class Acts Fabric. Linda (the owner) is mighty nice and I've been eyeballing this fabric for several months. The plan is to make up a Tudor gown from the velvet after I get the loose gown together. Ahem. Yes. That's the plan. And we always stick to plans, no? Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julebug said...

Call me astounded. Those "ouches" look JUST like the motif on your kirtle fabric. Its almost like you planned it! ;)

Beth said...

You can call me astounded too, as I (1) didn't think of that before I ordered them and (2) didn't think of that after they arrived and (3) didn't notice while taking the picture. I didn't notice it until I posted the picture actually.