Tuesday, October 10, 2006

shoes

 
My "new" shoes admiring the beginnings of fall. I know, I know, they don't look like much. They look like someone took some rather dull scissors to a pair of really ugly shoes that're about an inch too long on me. They also look rather like that selfsame someone didn't bother to dig out some proper leather ties to model them. Whoopsie. Still, if by cutting up a pair of $1.50 shoes from a thrift store in a feeble attempt to look like latchet shoes will save me bunches of money on reproduction shoes...I'll do it. A website with handy do-it-yourself type instructions is located here.

I think I owned some just like this in junior high. Except possibly they were actually the right size. This style must be from back in the time when making your feet look small was the object, rather than making your feet look chunky and lug-soled. Ah, I do love me some chunky shoes. Nonethless, Behold the wondrous outdatedness.

 

Stay tuned for me cutting up a pair of $2.00 (big spender!) shoes for the dress engineer. He's gonna be thrilled no doubt. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Julebug said...

Yay, shoes. Those are adorable. I shall, very shortly, be copying you on my own blog. Possibly minus slashes, though. And in huge black shoes for Adam. So not really copying, i guess. But close enough.

Anonymous said...

oooh!!! So fun! I think this December I might have fashion myself a pair. Excellent work!

Abigael said...

I have a pair of shoes like that... They were $2 though. Salvation army. I like the idea! I've been wondering what to do about shoes for my (soon to be) Elizabethan outfit.

Anonymous said...

My dear Beth,
I love what you and your friends can do with 2 dollars. I need you all to know that I feel the need to shop again, what a surprise, so please let me know of anything that you might be in the market for. That goes for you and your friends. Take care, Love Aunt Tina

Unknown said...

Nice brown shoes!...I had a pair of brown timberland shoes and i lost it somewhere...i'd buy another pair very soon