Tuesday, September 27, 2005

8 down, 20 to go

The horrible lacing rings are history. Or almost, anyway. I'm busy replacing them with hand-bound eyelets. Although "bound" is probably not really accurate, since I'm not bothering with the whole button-hole stitch thing on these, just whipping the edges. This will give me something to further rue later, no doubt. I decided that given a choice between a horrible kirtle and a nice overdress and no overdress but a nicely fitted kirtle, I'd take the latter. Mostly because I know I'll get back to making an overgown, but there's no way I'll get back to adding eyelets. I may, however, pause with the eyelets after I get one side completely done to check function, then save the rest for the car ride to MD, as per Julie's suggestion.

Other than that, I'm busy hemming up a nice square of linen to make one of Heather Heroldt's clever headwraps. And may I say that it's super-mega-cool? I know there's no picture, just trust me. For a minimally shaped piece of linen, the effect is amazingly cool.

I've also drafted up the overdress bodice pattern, but I've decided I'm not allowed to cut that out until I have a functional headwrap and partlet. Considering that I have three evenings left, part of which are occupied already, I figure I'd better prioritize.

So alas, no pictures today, but hopefully I can get some pictures of one side of an eyeletted bodice and a funky headwrap for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Julebug said...

Priorities are good things. As are eyelets. I half wish my rings displeased me greatly so i'd just do the eyelets. I foresee my kirtle having lacing rings forever....hehe.

Can't wait to see funky headwraps!