Thursday, September 29, 2005

quickie update

The eyelets are completely done. Here's how they look. SO much better. I'm happy.


 Posted by Picasa

Here is the back view. The partlet seems to be crooked. I'll have to fix that.


 Posted by Picasa

And of course, here's the front. I think it looks kinda dumpy, but the overdress will help with that "I'm a shiny brown sausage look."


 Posted by Picasa

In other news, our grey and burgundy very tall socks came in, so we'll be all sorts of stylish. Conveniently, the grey are in a man's foot size and the burgundy in a woman's. I couldn't tell you why this is, since they're both supposed to be the same product. I thought they were going to be more of the one-size-fits-whoever tube sock style, I'd be mighty irked if they had been reversed. Happily, though, it worked out.

The overdress bodice is together, although I'm having reservations. The fabric is much stretchier than I would have imagined possible, so I'm concerned that the weight of the skirt will drag it down. I will pin the skirt on and check that out before stitching into place. The two layers of the skirt are together, and the pleats are hand-stitched together. I just have to tack it onto the bodice, but I might have to pull the bodice apart first and add a layer of interlining. I'd hate to do that though. This outfit already will have 7 layers of linen between me and the air, not counting the partlet.

1 comment:

Julebug said...

Oooh, lunchtime updates. Aren't we sneaky?

I'm loving the brown peasant look. And "shiny brown sausage" was not the first thing to leapt to my mind, but oh boy, did I laugh aloud at that one.

You have a lot done! I have yet to even think about the outer dress skirts--cutting, joining, pleating or attaching to the bodice. The heat is on!!!!!

I just might be taking you up on that hemming offer come friday night. ;) I promise not to pull a niter-allnighter. Though that's exactly what I would've done if I'd really lost my kirtle.

We're so CLOSE!
I can't wait til tomorrow night!