Thursday, September 22, 2005

not much of an update

So I didn't really get much done last night on the dress. Basically, I drafted a pattern by plunking my corded bodice down on some paper, tracing, and then drawing some random lines on it. I did remember to take a little out of the waist, since my corded bodice is loose down there. Down with poochiness!!

I've actually made up my mind, though, and I'm going to do the gathered skirt on a side-lacing bodice. For much the reasons that Julie cited, i.e. ease of making that work. Also, I was thinking that I could do a pretty narrow panel in the front and much more pleating in the back for posterior pouf. We like posterior pouf. It distracts from front poochiness.

I did find a straw hat at ye olde wallyworld last night though, while picking up dog chow. It's not exactly spectacular, but it was a dollar. If I don't get around to a good head-covering it'll work. Even if I do get around to a good headcovering, it might still be nice to shade my eyes.

5 comments:

Julebug said...

I realize now that I fogot to mail order the hats for niter and I as I had prlanned so long ago. My guess is if I order them now they won't be here in time. No hats for me. Sorry niter! :(

Beth said...

well, niter can always by a $1 wal-mart hat here if she likes. they're not spectacular, but they're ok. for that matter, i can get you a tacky hat as well. i like your caul though.

Beth said...

oh yeah, and i just ordered aaron a pair of kung fu shoes so he can match adam. also, two pairs of cotton stockings, one in grey and one in maroon. i'm thinking the maroon should clash nicely with my vegetable garden theme!

Julebug said...

Where'd you order from, if you don't mind my asking?

Beth said...

The stockings are coming from:
http://jas-townsend.com/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=240&osCsid=60ee8ac2a06582c1f960ae793c4c7df2

The shoes are from: http://www.natashascafe.com/html/shoes.html?GGP

Hope they come in time.