Monday, April 25, 2005

necklace

So I had some bead clusters left over from the sleeves (once again, I apparently can't count) and got a little silly with them (being forced to watch Empire Strikes Back yet again will do that to a person). This is the result:


 Posted by Hello

It would tie on with a bit of ribbon, and it's a bit longer than a choker, although it's sort of stiff and curved. I don't know whether I want to wear this or not. On one hand, it's frilly and girly and matches my dress and all. On the other hand, I was just planning to wear a simple string of pearls, which I'm sure is more period.

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Anita said...

I would so wear it. the necklace is so pretty!

Julebug said...

WOW! Beautiful job with the beadwork! I would totally wear it. My necklace is not really pd, either, but I love it nonetheless...

Here's a compromise...if you must worry over "period", bring that necklace and a string of pearls and alternate throughout the day...

Or,say you procured your necklace on your worldly travels when a rich suitor required your services on a long trip. ;-)

Now I am greatly looking forward to a matching kirtle. or is it girdle? or girtle? A pearly belt, that's what i'm talking bout. hehe

Beth said...

Yep, I've started tinkering with bead clusters for the pearly belt thing. I think it won't be identical to the necklace, but kind of along those lines actually. Fun stuff!