Wednesday, April 06, 2005

photo impaired

Okay, so I can't remember to take pictures to save my life. It never seems worth the bother of lacing stuff up just to take a picture, and whenever I'm working on something it doesn't seem worth stopping to take a picture. Especially since I'm always convinced that it'll be better shortly anyway.

Despite the abject lack of evidence, the outfit proceeds apace. The corded petticoat is complete. I ended up using a total of (if I did the math correctly) 60 yards of cording. That just seems ridiculous. It's ok, it could just be that I did the math wrong. I certainly did it wrong when attaching the waistband the first time. It was 5 inches too big. 5 inches. Not going to be getting that engineering degree any time soon I can see. Ahem. I'll post a picture soon. Really.

Corset 1.2 is also complete. I'm sort of excited about this. It now has straps. Big sturdy straps. Big sturdy straps with boning even. Actually, big sturdy straps with boning and little pleats on the outer edges that relate to period in no way that I've been able to find. But no matter. They stay up, and that's the thing, or rather, that's the minor thing. The major thing is that now when I put on skirts over the tabs, the weight seems to be distributed to my shoulders rather than my hips, which was the whole point of adding these straps. To test this, I put on my old dress (with the too-long non-load-bearing straps) along with a couple of extra underskirts. I wore this around for a while as I worked on other things. I didn't have the urge to rip it off. This is good.

No comments: