Thursday, March 31, 2005

julie is amazing

Really she is. She's come up with a blackwork design for me. The last time I did this, I ended up with a free-handed, made up as I went, not-having-much-to-do-with-the-renaissance sort of pattern. It looked something like this:


 Posted by Hello

Julie raised the bar. She raised it to something requiring counting. She even raised it to something requiring counting in half stitches. It's the flaming onion!


 Posted by Hello

I love it. Julie did a nice job of documenting her myriad inspirations for this, so instead of trying to do the same, I direct you to her site.

Three cheers for Julie.

1 comment:

Julebug said...

*Blush*
I do think it is a lovely design, and I'm so glad you like it! No doubt a week from now your post will be "Julie is ____", where you curse me for being overly complicated and taking you down with me... Mwaaah-hahaha.

I'm quite sorry bout the half stitches. I shoulda asked your aida sqaure count before I designed. Beginner's folly. (Mental note for next time.)
As industrious and talented as you are, I suspect it'll come out wonderfully despite my mistake.

And just for the record, I was so impressed with your first chemise (not to mention A's doublet) that I was scared to try blackwork myself. I did not know blackwork existed before Beth! Thank you!