Thursday, March 10, 2005

art school

I didn't go to art school. It shows. Nonetheless, here's my concept sketch for the Venetian dress. It's pretty generic late-1600's stuff. We have the pointy front, the ladder lacing, the two-part sleeves, the full camisia, the fancy fabric, and the plain guards. I am sure I can find a way to make this more generic, but I haven't quite figured out how yet. Actually, this picture bears a striking resemblence to the princess drawings I would do as a kid except that those were mostly pink. I'm sure my 10-year-old self would be delighted to know that someday I'd have the ability to clothe myself as that princess.


 Posted by Hello

It's colored almost entirely in orange. That's because I only have 8 pencils, and also because as mentioned, I didn't go to art school. Also, I'm not this skinny, but it's my picture and so I get to decide.

Despite some unsolicited commentary (ahem), the dress is not covered in tiny flames. If anybody observes that once I have horns on my head this will be quite appropriate, they will be in trouble. Big trouble. Big orange trouble.

No comments: