Monday, April 11, 2005

overdue pictures

So I finally hauled out the camera this weekend and took pictures of those things that I claimed to have done. So then, here we have the updated corset, shown over my very stylish grad school t-shirt (it was free). It is maybe not too possible to tell here, but there's a line of boning on the neck-ward side of the shoulder strap and two tucks on the shoulder-ward side. This distributes the load of whatever skirts I stick on the tabs at the bottom up onto my shoulders and makes the whole experience a lot more comfortable. I wore this for much of yesterday while sewing and was able to (1) breathe, (2) move around and kneel to cut fabric, and (3) avoid ripping it off in frustration. I think these are good signs.


 Posted by Hello

The next picture is of the corded petticoat. As I mentioned some time ago (when I was claiming to have done this, right?), it's not gored because (1) I thought it would make it poofier and (2) I'm lazy like that. It's squashed a little flat here from the lovely and graceful (and cranky) Miss Mo's determined efforts over the week to make it into her new bed, but you get the idea. Note to self: research whether cat hair is period. It's definitely not beautiful, but I think it'll work.


 Posted by Hello

And for those who would like to laugh at my non-existent ability to sew straight, here's what the petticoat looks like inside. I zigzagged three rows of cording directly onto the skirt for maximum ugliness. So lovely, but my rule about machine stitching doesn't apply to what won't show, so I don't mind too much.


 Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spectacular. Getting to see you in your "undies" really demonstrates the silhouette of how your dress will be over it. Lovely.