Thursday, May 18, 2006

girdle

There’s been a brief hiatus in sewing, mostly due to the arrival of my order from Fire Mountain Gems. (Ooh, bright shiny object over here!)

 Posted by Picasa


The big ivory-colored ones are aragonite, the small peach ones are adventurine, the fake pearls are…fake pearls, and the green ones are some random rock that simulates jade, jade being too expensive for me. It’s strung on the heaviest gauge tigertail that I could get and held together with several crimp beads, which I pretty much squashed into oblivion, not having a proper crimping tool. No matter. Originally, there were supposed to be tiny garnet beads on there, but they were so small that they were stripping the wire, so I substituted the pearls.

 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julebug said...

Ooooh, shiny...I love those little gold beads in there. Ornate, but understated. :)

Beth said...

I know...shiny object. I think the garnets are going on my caul instead. Shall have to experiment with that. Although, I'm attempting to convince myself to repleat the petticoat for the *fourth* time first.

Julebug said...

oh no! Not more petticoat problems!