Wednesday, May 10, 2006

stripey sleeves

 Posted by Picasa


So why did I even bother to make an ordered, prioritized list anyway? I knew I wouldn't follow it! I decided to do the sleeves first, since that way I know they'll definitely get done. I'm using Julie's basic curved sleeve pattern (thank you!!), since it worked so well last time and since drafting sleeves ain't exactly a real strength of mine. I decided I wanted stripey sleeves, and they're going together fine except for the fact that once I had the stripes all applied, I realized that I did them exactly backwards of what I wanted. Ah well. I am, incidentally, utterly throwing out my "no machine stitching showing" rule for this little quickie project. I decided I couldn't handle wasting hand-stitching on the all-synthetic-all-the-time dress. For this dress, the new rule is "machine stitching is ok unless it looks really really terrible." I'll go back to the normal standard for the next dress, which with any luck will be silk. Much easier to justify the labor then.

2 comments:

Julebug said...

Ooooh, I'm liking the stripes! What fabric/ribbon is that? Its hard for my bad eyes to make out....

I also enjoy the strategically placed dog paw. Hehe.

Beth said...

The black is grosgrain ribbon. The two thinner stripes are two slightly different random shades of pale green. Lighter than the fabric, but not white like they look here. Kinda shiny. I had them in the stash and figured what the heck. If there's time, we might be getting some variation on a stripey forepart too. Stripes ahoy!!!

That paw is in no way strategically placed. Unless the dog has some strategy in mind. Which he probably does.