Monday, May 08, 2006

spoon!

 Posted by Picasa


Ok, so this spoon isn't exactly what I had in mind. Maybe I'll find a better one before faire, but it was the best thing in my drawer. I sewed it on nice and tight so we won't have any "domestic disputes" or anything. This is the felted hat that I'd considered making a while back. It actually worked out better than I expected. The yarn is some that I spun myself, meaning that it was virtually useless for any actual knitting, due to over-twist, under-twist, thick-and-thin, you name it. Also, the wool was so coarse that I wasn't ever going to wear it anyway. I simply knitted a baggy hat that came down all the way to my chin, then washed it and washed it and washed it. Some people say that felting requires a lot of careful watching and stuff. Those people probably have their hats turn out all the time. How boring.

Ok, so here's the finished outfit. I trust it'll look a bit nicer with some accessories. I've also since over-dyed the jerkin to a darker grey since the pastel-ness of it all was getting to me. Oh....and as always, I haven't got any decent cord on hand, so it's tied together with yarn. That'll get tidied up as well before we go out and about. I gotta say that this is definitely not my favorite outfit ever, but it should be cool and comfortable to wear.

 Posted by Picasa


Okay, if squeamish, go ahead and avert your eyes, because here is the up-close codpiece shot. This is not so much to torture you as to show you how all these clothes tie together. I still find the idea of tying ones pants to ones top baffling. Guess they hadn't invented what Aaron refers to as "belt loop technology."

 Posted by Picasa



Oh, and just to give Julie's Adam some dancey pants company. He's such a sport.

 Posted by Picasa


I think he's dancing with joy at the idea of me no longer making him try on green hose.

3 comments:

Julebug said...

Ooooh, niter alerted me to this post! I was so busy today I didn't have time to check on anything.
You really DID do a lot of eyelets. I'm very impressed with the speed at which this came together. And I LOVE that hat. Its perfect! Worth the wait. ;)

The whole outfit looks scruptiously silly, which is, i think, the point. Should be comfy, assuming the green hose don't ride up too much....

Clapclap. What's next? :)

Beth said...

Aye. Actually the green hose are quite comfortable, I'm told. It's more the concept of wearing green hose that's uncomfortable.

Well, NEXT is actually to try overdyeing the jerkin again, as the grey I aimed for appears to have dried lavender, which would make him look even more like an Easter egg (whoops).

And then after that.....I have a cunning plan.

Laren said...

Cunning plans aside, I like the outfit. Not sure about what is going on with the spoon, but I like the outfit. And the codpiece is...well..a codpiece! ;-)