Tuesday, May 31, 2005

so little progress

So yep. I'm pretty bad at keeping up with a project. Been kind of busy. Anyway, I've got three or maybe four things left to do for this outfit: veil, pouch, flag fan, and perhaps a partlet. The pouch is almost done. Not that it's anything special, but I've still got a little bit of stitching to do on it, then I'll take a picture. Likewise, the veil is almost done. It's edged, I've bought the combs, I haven't attached them. So no picture either.

I'm using the lazy approach for the flag fan. I found a pretty picture of a Venetian brocade on La Couturiere Parisienne, which is incidentally a really cool site for looking at art. Here's the original:


 Posted by Hello

It's mighty pretty. So I tinkered around with it and made up a color and that sort of thing to yield this:


 Posted by Hello

I printed this out last night on matte photo paper and am planning to do basically the strategy so kindly outlined at The Renaissance Tailor. I'd thought of using fabric, but haven't found any remnants around that I liked. I thought about painting, but, yeah.....that won't be happening.

Not so much progress really, but I'm awfully close to being done with the whole thing. The deadline's June 18, so I don't think I've got a problem, no matter how lazy I am and no matter how many times I plan to go camping between now and then. It's summer after all.

1 comment:

Julebug said...

Very pretty brocade pattern! I like the color manipulation, and it will work very well with your ensemble.
I shall have to visit that art site.

No worries, we all know you'll finish by the deadline. ;-)