Tuesday, May 10, 2005

well, bummer

I had some pictures to post today. Unfortunately, I sent them to myself using some feature in the software which apparently scrambled them. So no pictures until I can try that again this evening.

In other incredibly dull news, I'm working on binding the hem of the dress. The hemming was dull. Marking the hem was moderately entertaining, since I employed the dress engineer and a new-to-me technique. Wish I could remember where I saw the idea, but at any rate, I put the dress on, then had the husband pin the skirt directly to the carpet. It worked really well. I was amazed actually. I've usually got the sagging, dragging hem with the too-short bit in the back. This one's actually right. The husband enjoyed this process too, mostly because of this:

*ring ring*
Aaron: Hang on, I'll get that.....oh hi there....no, no, this is a good time. I'm just pinning your daughter to the floor at the moment
Me(hissing): Don't...no...I'm going to kill you...ack I'm stuck to the floor. Come back here.
Aaron: .....no, it's no problem....she'd love to talk to you....uh huh......uh huh....yep she's like that.
Aaron: It's your mother.
Mom: Oh hello dear. Sounds like you're having fun!
Me: Stammer, mumble.

2 comments:

Julebug said...

Well, at least you've got SOMETHING on your blog. I had text and pictures, and now i've got nothing. So you're one up on me!

Aaron deserves a great big pat on the back for that jewel of an in-law conversation.

I shall have to try the new hemming technique. Very cool. I will hopefully be hemming soon. How convenient to have you try it first, my little guinea pig. Oh dear, did I just call you a pig. Well, yes. Sorry. *kissing birthday present goodbye*

Beth said...

the irony of it is, he didn't actually realize that he'd said what he said. my mother, however, definitely got the joke. sigh.